~~~~~@purchased by me@~~~~~
For February 2017 box I received the February A 2017 box. As usual it contains 5 deluxe samples with a fragrance bonus, a pouch, a Play! Card and Play! Book. For reference, link to my first Play! by Sephora box HERE.
I absolutely love this box because of the products that it contains. Good things in this box that I want to purchase in the full size version. This box takes care of your face on that special date. The eye cream and moisturizer makes sure your skin is soft, supple and moisturized. Heavy makeup is overrated so go with bare minimum, focus on the essentials. The eyes and lips. The gloss preps and primes your perfect pout with the perfect MLBB shade. Round it all up with the mascara the opens up your peepers. Finally spray on the featured fragrance on your pulse points and you’re good to go.
- Clinique Pep Start Hydroblur Moisturizer “A lightweight, oil-free moisturizer-meets-primer instantly blurs imperfections while providing all-day hydration for a silky, soft-focus finish.” I have been using this on and off depending on the situation (nothing to do with the formula just schedule situation) and I don’t have any complaints. If I were to purchase the full size I would probably do it once summer kicks in. Perfect for the warm (or hot) weather.
- Sephora Collection Lashcraft Length & Volume Mascara “A jet-black volumizing mascara with an innovative flat paddle-shaped wand to lengthen and lift lashes.” It did what it claims to do. It lengthens, lifts and volumizes. However, I had a difficulty with the wand. It took me a while to figure it out as it is not my preferred type of wand, plus the shape is all funky. Maybe because the handle was too small or because I do have fat fingers or both. Anyhow, as soon as I’m able to wear eye makeup again, I will definitely purchase a full size.
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound “A nude-pink, stay-all-day liquid lipstick that applies easily and leaves a semi-matte finish with a silky feel.” This is the winner of this box for me. I absolutely love the formula, the feel on the lips, the finish and the color. Will definitely purchase the full size times two, one for purse and one for home. That’s how much I love it.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake “Sheer tinted gloss uses a botanical-infused formula to visibly plump lips instantly while also hydrating and softening over time.” I have been using this as part of my lip prep before colored lip product. It did sting the first time I used it but not on subsequent uses. It is very sticky and the color does not suit me at all. A pass on the full size on this one.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream “A luminous eye cream infused with coffee beans, ginseng, and magnolia extract to visibly brighten and depuff the undereye area.” I have a full size of this and have used and repurchased this in the past. It’s not like any other eye cream out there. Imagine eye cream plus highlight. It does have a noticeable pearlescent sheen to it. Negligible if you are putting foundation on but a little too “bright” for my everyday no make up at all look.
- Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence “Effervescent, floral, and bright, this sparkling, champagne-doused scent is the embodiment of luxury and glamour.” Not an instant love but I see this for use in the evening or during colder weather. My favorite component of this fragrance is when I start smelling the gardenia and honeysuckle. Maybe I will purchase a full size, for sure on a travel version (if available).
fragrance family: earthy & woody
top notes: champagne extract, orange blossom, bergamot
middle notes: gardenia, hydrangea, honeysuckle
base notes: amber, vanilla, saffron
I have been enjoying this service from Sephora. I do hope they come up with an option for more products or luxury items. I love the themes and the products that were chosen to go with. At $10, it is a win for me. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the year brings.