~~~~~@purchased by me@~~~~~
For the month of January 2017, I got the January C 2017 box. Like before, it contains 5 deluxe samples with a fragrance bonus, a pouch, a Play! Card and Play! Book. For reference link to my first Play! by Sephora box HERE.
Products included in this edition
- tarte Frxxxtion Stick “Exfoliating gel cleanser in a unique twist-up stick format transforms from a solid gel to a cleansing lather that gently sloughs away impurities.” – I actually liked using this exfoliating cleanser. The format is different but nothing really special.
- Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask “Honey-based warming gel mask transforms into a decadent cream while evening skin tone, hydrating, and brightening.” – I enjoyed using it. It truly warms into a cream when you work it in leaving your skin feeling hydrated after. As to its claims of evening skin tone and brightening, time can only tell.
- Ouai Treatment Masque “Restorative mask helps to care for damaged hair and leaves strands feeling smooth and touchably soft.” – You’re supposed to use it before entering the shower (like a mask) and rinse it off after 5-10 minutes. But I have shoulder length hair and I used it like a conditioner. It is amazing. My hair has been suffering from static forever. This cured it. I mean, every time I use it my hair is not static-y. I haven’t used it as a mask but I do intend on buying the real deal and trying it as a mask. This one got me really excited.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey “Sheer lip color with a glossy finish in the bestselling, cult-classic Black Honey shade.” I don’t any of Clinique’s Almost Lipstick line and I’m glad I got to try it. It’s not particularly hydrating for me but it does not dry me out either. I prefer a nourishing formula in general. But I now understand Black Honey’s cult status. It is a flattering shade all across different skin tones.
- AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ ( not in picture) “Cushion format CC cream hydrates, protects skin, and delivers build able, weightless coverage in two bendable shades.” I was using this and the last time I used it, as soon as I took off my brush in the cushion it went flying straight to the trash bin. Yes, I use a brush. I’ve used multiple cushion foundation and BB/CC creams before and my real problem with it is it does not come with replacement sponge. I understand one can use the beauty blender or something similar but I find the sponge that comes with it is what works best. So I end up using a brush. That’s just me, personal preference. I do love it on the skin, light on the skin, not heavy at all. It gives a little coverage but the biggest plus for me is the SPF. It comes with an SPF 50 and that is a win-win for me. Would I repurchase? Most likely.
- Tory Burch Love Relentlessly is the fragrance bonus for this month. It belongs in the floral fragrance family. Top note is pink pepper, middle note is Orris root and dries down to base note of patchouli. I’m not a huge fan of her fragrances but I appreciated this fragrance. I’ve been using the sample vial and it is a little too sweet for me. A tad heavy. Not in the annoying levels yet but I don’t want to get there. Full size for me? Not at the moment. (Never say never as my senses and preference might change in the future).
My January box was so enjoyable. I’m looking at purchasing full sizes of the Ouai Treatment Mask and AmorePacific CC Cushion. I believe that’s a win.